Demeter Reports Ltd.s Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access the Live Rice Index Website www.livericeindex.com (the LRI Website). This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, the LRI Website.
You may use the LRI Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the LRI Website:
In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect. To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards. To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam). To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any harmful programs or similar computer software or hardware. You also agree:
We may from time to time provide Interactive Services on the LRI Website, including, without limitation chat rooms and bulletin ("Interactive Services"). Where we do provide any Interactive Service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any Interactive Service provided on the LRI Website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Service we provide on the LRI Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by any user in contravention of our Content Standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an Interactive Service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These Content Standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the LRI Website ("Contributions"), and to any Interactive Services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence, discrimination or any illegal activity.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be threatening or abusive or invade anothers privacy.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of the LRI Website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the LRI Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the LRI Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the LRI Website.
You may not licence or transfer any of your rights under this Acceptable Use Policy.
If any provision of this Acceptable Use Policy is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Acceptable Use Policy, which will remain in full force and effect.
Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under this Acceptable Use Policy does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. The failure of Demeter Reports Ltd. to insist upon strict compliance with any term of this Acceptable Use Policy shall not be construed as a waiver with regard to any subsequent failure to comply with such term or provision.
Headings in this Acceptable Use Policy are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on the LRI Website, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting www.livericeindex.com.