Changes to Data Regulations / GDPR
Data regulations are changing, but we’ll keep treating your data responsibly. Demeter Reports Ltd., with which you have a contract, or which provide services to you, (collectively or individually, as applicable, referred to as "Demeter Reports Ltd.", “Live Rice Index”, “LRI”, “the Company”, "we", "our", "us") respect your right to privacy.
What does Demeter Reports Ltd. do?
Demeter Reports Ltd. is a leading provider of transparent and independent price assessments, benchmarks, analytics, and data to the global rice industry. For more information about Demeter Reports Ltd., please see the “About LRI” section of our website at www.livericeindex.com.
Updated May 23rd, 2018
For the purpose of the aforementioned legislation, the data controller is Demeter Reports Ltd. of 4 St Georges Yard, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7LW.
Why do we collect your Personal Data?
We collect information to better manage your account:
- To deliver the most relevant LRI Services and Products to you.
- To develop new and improve the existing LRI Products and Services.
- To manage our services and efficiently run and grow our business.
We also collect information so that we can inform you about the LRI Products and Services, or other companies’ products of services, or to allow selected partners to directly inform you about their products and services themselves. We primarily use your data to manage your account and ensure that you remain connected to the LRI Services. We also use your data to improve the LRI Services and to comply with certain legal obligations.
Certain laws and regulators also require us to retain some information, occasionally this information is anonymised so that you cannot be identified.
Information We May Collect from You
The type of personal data that we collect about you includes information about who you are, how you use the LRI Products and Services, your location, and how and where make use of the LRI Products and Services.
“Who you are” includes your personal name, username, email address, telephone number, and country, as well as your company name, company address, company role and activity, billing and payment information, and, if applicable, your company’s VAT details.
We may also collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.livericeindex.com (our "site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site or make changes to or cancel your LRI Subscription.
- If you contact us, consult our customer service team, or provide us with your business card, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may also collect certain information automatically regarding your use patterns, such as details of your visits to our site and usage of our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
- We may collect some personal data if you apply for a job with us.
We may also collect information from other sources, including business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Collecting information about IP Addresses and Cookies enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our website and the users of our products and services, where they come from, and what content on our website and products and services is of interest to them.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- If you’ve chosen to receive marketing messages or other notifications from us, we’ll use your data to send you information about products or services that you are interested in, or we feel may interest you. You can check and update your current preferences here.
- To process transactions, maintain your account and respond to your enquiries.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Sometimes, we share your information with our third-party Service Providers, who help us provide and support our Services.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email.
- We may partner with third party advertising networks and exchanges to display advertising on our Websites or to manage and serve our advertising on other sites and may share Personal Information with them for this purpose.
You can provide consent for us to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes by ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, people in the UK). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to your employer for purposes such as to fulfil our contract with them, to inform them of product/service use by certain categories of user and for pricing purposes, or any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
The LRI uses selected third parties to help deliver services to our customers and to support our business. Additionally, sometimes we are legally required to give information to certain authorised agencies. However, we will not share your data with any third parties for marketing purposes, unless you’ve told us it’s ok to do so.
The LRI is part of an International Price Reporting Agency, so we may occasionally use third parties in other countries to support our business. That means sometimes your data may be sent or used outside the UK. However, we will always make sure your data is managed responsibly.
Please be aware that if you disclose personal information on website message boards or chat areas, that information may be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited communications from third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of Demeter Reports Ltd.
Accuracy and Retention of Data
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes (for example, if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your Personal Information. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or if needed to provide you with our Services. We may also retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our Agreements.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EEA visitors / users only)
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. As a general rule, we will only collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for instance, your subscription to one of our products), or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (for instance, where we process personal data regarding the usage of our products and services, as described above). In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
International data transfers
You have some important rights that determine how and whether we use your data. For example, you can decide you don’t want to be sent marketing messages and you’re entitled to receive a copy of your data. You also have the right to request for your personal data to be deleted. If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use our contact form to send us a message.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can provide consent for us to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes by ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or amending your account preferences. You can also exercise your right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your privacy is extremely important to the LRI. If you think we are not handling your data properly, please contact us at email@example.com. Furthermore, if you feel that we aren’t getting it right, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
We will give an individual or Subscriber, access to any Personal Information we hold about them within 30 days of any request for that information. Individuals may request to access, correct, amend, or delete information we hold about them by contacting us here. Unless it is prohibited by law, we will remove any Personal Information about an individual, or Subscriber, from our servers at your or their request. There is no charge for an individual to access or update their Personal Information.